We wanted to take a moment to let you know that your health and safety are top of mind for us at Hawaii Foodservice Alliance, LLC.
HFA remains committed to providing the people of Hawaii with quality food products during this time, while also taking proactive steps as directed by the CDC to protect our employees, customers and consumers.
We will continue to closely monitor the worldwide situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and be prepared to respond quickly should conditions change. Here are some of the ways we are protecting our Hawaii ohana during this time:
- Workplace cleanliness and health: The HFA team continues to make health and safety their top priority as we follow CDC guidelines to maintain a clean and healthy environment. We have increased the frequency of cleaning our facilities, and increased deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers to all employees.
- Employee Health: We are keeping our team up-to-date with the latest information from the CDC and public health officials. We are asking employees to stay home if they or a household member are showing signs or symptoms of possible illness. We are encouraging employees to limit travel and self-quarantine as directed by the CDC.
- Product safety: As always, HFA continues to follow regulations according to FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) to safeguard our products.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Per fda.gov: “We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. However, it is always important to follow good hygiene practices (i.e., wash hands and surfaces often, separate raw meat from other foods, cook to the right temperature, and refrigerate foods promptly) when handling or preparing foods.”
- Product availability: We are working closely with our suppliers during this time of unusual consumer demand and interrupted supply chains. If products become unavailable, we will seek to provide alternate products for our customers.
- COVID-19 Coordinator: Our HFA COVID-19 Coordinator is Filsann Mariteragi. She may be reached at HFAHealth@hfahawaii.com or 808-599-9875 if you have questions or concerns related to COVID-19.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Filsann or me with your questions or concerns.
We thank you for your partnership. We will continue to work hard to make your health and safety our top priority.